A total of 25 people in the southeastern province of Kilis lost their lives due to 95 rockets fired by Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants in Syria between Jan. 19 and Oct. 2, 2016, according to Kilis Governor İsmail Çataklı.
Çataklı announced in a statement on Thursday that the first rocket that hit Kilis was fired on Jan. 19, 2016, while the last rocket was fired on Oct. 2, 2016.
The governor said out of the 25 people killed in rocket attacks, 14 were Turkish nationals, 11 were Syrians and one was a police officer.
With regards to the injured, Çataklı said 109 people, 30 of whom are children, were injured in the rocket attacks while 86 vehicles, 18 public buildings, 38 businesses and 367 houses sustained damage.
Kilis, which is home to a large number of Syrian refugees exceeding its own population, has repeatedly suffered from cross-border shelling. The rockets became an almost daily occurrence in the small province last year where locals made frequent calls to authorities for more security measures.