After ISIL claims Diyarbakır attack, Turkey insists it was PKK

269
0

Following the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claiming responsibility for a deadly car bomb attack on a police station on Friday, a second official statement from the Diyarbakır Governor’s Office said it was the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) that perpetrated the attack, based on intercepted radio communication of the PKK terrorists.

Reuters reported late on Friday that ISIL was the perpetrator of the Diyarbakır attack, which had claimed the lives of 11 people as of Saturday, according to an announcement from the group’s Amaq news agency.
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım had said earlier on Friday that Kurdish terrorists were responsible for the attack and that one suspected member of the outlawed PKK was also killed in the blast.
Meanwhile, two Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) deputies who were detained and released on Friday argued that the car bomb attack in Diyarbakır aimed to kill HDP deputies held in custody at the targeted police station.

Liked it? Take a second to support Turkish Minute on Patreon!