The death toll from Tuesday’s suicide attack at İstanbul Atatürk Airport increased to 44 after 25-year-old Yasin Öcal died at a hospital at around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Öcal, an employee at the İstanbul Atatürk Airport, was reportedly injured in the head during the terror attack and had been receiving treatment at Bakırköy Dr. Sadi Konuk Teaching and Research Hospital since Tuesday. Öcal’s family and loved ones, who were waiting at the hospital, were devastated after hearing the news about his death.
Minister of Interior Efkan Ala had earlier told the media that the death toll was 43, including 19 foreign nationals. Ala also said that 94 others were still being treated at hospitals. According to Ala, a total of 50,177 people have been banned from entering Turkey in relation to terrorism suspicion.
Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım spoke to the press at the scene of the attack in the early hours of Wednesday, saying that the attack was suspected to be organized by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) militants.
İstanbul Governor’s Office announced on Thursday that the three suicide bombers who carried out the suicide attack were from Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia.