Three Turkish citizens were killed in attacks on Israel by Hamas on Oct. 7 that have claimed the lives of at least 1,400 people, according to updated figures from the press office of the Israeli government.
One Turkish citizen had been killed while another was missing, according to the first chart released by the press office last week.
The Israeli Embassy in Ankara posted the chart of foreign nationals killed in the Hamas attacks based on information provided by the Israeli government press office, saying 196 people from 40 foreign countries were killed in the Oct. 7 terrorist attacks carried out by Hamas on Israel and that there has been no news from 96 foreign citizens.
Terör ve teröristler din, dil, ırk ayrımı gözetmiyor. @GPOIsrael tarafından yayınlanan bilgilere göre, #Hamas tarafından 7 Ekim’den bu yana İsrail'e gerçekleştirilen terör saldırılarında 40 yabancı ülkeden 196 kişi hayatını kaybetmiştir, 96 yabancı ülke vatandaşından haber… pic.twitter.com/5xiLciQjJz
— İsrail Türkiye'de (@IsraelinTurkey) October 17, 2023
“Terrorism and terrorists do not discriminate based on religion, language or race,” the embassy said.
“Defeating terrorism is only possible with the joint struggle of the whole world,” it added.
The Jewish Community in Turkey last week announced on their X account that the Turkish citizen killed in the Hamas attacks was 52-year-old Avraam Avi Zakuto, who moved from Turkey to Israel with his family in 1972.
Turkish officials have not made any statement regarding the identity of the other victims.
Hamas launched thousands of rockets from the Palestinian enclave of Gaza, and its militants stormed into Israel and attacked civilians in border towns. The militant group killed at least 1,400 people in Israel.
The Gaza Health Ministry said at least 2,750 Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched counter strikes on Oct. 7.
Ten days of bombing by Israel has brought Gaza’s essential services to the brink of collapse, with rights groups warning of a humanitarian disaster.