Turkey’s offensive in northeast Syria already displaced 200,000 people, WHO says

0
PHOTO: Gazete Manifesto

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday said that Turkey’s military incursion into northeast Syria has already displaced 200,000 people since last week, Voice of America reported.

WHO said it is gravely concerned about the humanitarian health situation in northeast Syria as there are fewer health workers able to provide services due to displacement and health providers suspending operations.

The UN on Sunday said Turkey’s assault could displace some 400,000 people, according to a report by Aljazeera.

“We have moved into a planning scenario where up to 400,000 people could be displaced within and across the affected areas,” Jens Laerke, a spokesman for the UN humanitarian agency OCHA told the Agence France-Presse news agency.

Liked it? Take a second to support Turkish Minute on Patreon!

LEAVE A REPLY