Turkey’s state-run news agency says an operation by the Turkish military and intelligence agency has killed two more suspects and alleged planners of last month’s assassination of a Turkish diplomat in Iraq, according to The Associated Press.
The Anadolu news agency said on Thursday that Turkish forces targeted a vehicle carrying the two men in Iraq’s semi-autonomous northern Kurdish region in an aerial operation last week.
It was the latest Turkish attack against the alleged masterminds of the July 17 assassination of diplomat Osman Köse at a restaurant in the Iraqi city of Erbil. Other suspected planners were reportedly killed in similar operations on July 18 and July 24.
Iraqi Kurdish officials have arrested the lead suspect in the shooting. He was identified as a 27-year-old from Turkey’s predominantly Kurdish city of Diyarbakır.