ISIL claims responsibility for car bomb in Turkish city of Diyarbakır

0
People gather near the explosion site on November 4, 2016 after a strong blast in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir. Eight people were killed, including two police, and over 100 wounded in a car bombing by Kurdish militants in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on November 4, 2016, updating an earlier toll. The blast, which Yildirim said was carried out by the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), targeted a police headquarters hours after top Kurdish politicians were detained in an unprecedented police crackdown.

The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group claimed responsibility for a car bomb in the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakır on Friday that killed nine people and wounded more than 100, the group’s Amaq news agency said.

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said earlier on Friday that Kurdish militants were responsible for the attack and that one suspected member of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) was also killed in the blast.

 

LEAVE A REPLY